WEDA is a non-profit technical professional organization devoted to the exchange of knowledge in fields related to dredging, navigation, marine engineering and construction. WEDA is governed by seventeen voting Board of Directors with the day-to-day operations managed by an Executive Director. WEDA is a member of The World Organization of Dredging Associations (WODA). The Western Dredging Association (WEDA) region covers North, Central and South America. The Central Dredging Association (CEDA) covers most of Europe, Africa, and the Mid and Near East. The Eastern Dredging Association (EADA) covers the Far East and Pacific region. The three organizations constitute the World Organization of Dredging Association (WODA) with equal representation on the WODA Board of Directors. The goals and objectives are common for each of the three organizations, however operations to attain these are independently carried out.
Goals and Objectives
- To promote the exchange of knowledge in fields related to dredging, navigation, marine engineering and construction by sponsoring or co-sponsoring national and international technical conferences, seminars, and symposiums, including publication and dissemination of the proceedings.
- To provide a forum for improvement of communications, technology transfer, and cooperation among associations, societies, and all organizations interested in dredging, navigation, marine engineering and construction.
- To emphasize the importance of understanding and development of solutions for problems related to the protection and enhancement of the marine environment.
- To support educational institutions for students interested in pursuing dredging and marine engineering as a career.
- To promote membership in and furtherance of the Western Dredging Association through establishment and support of Chapters.
- To recognize individuals and organizations for outstanding engineering and operational achievement.